Regional VP Sales - Detroit, MI
Cargobase is looking for an entrepreneurial Regional VP - Americas. You are a born networker, charismatic, and energetic and with a proven track record in sales or account management in enterprise SaaS, logistics tech or freight forwarding. Headquartered in Singapore, Cargobase has established itself as the leading logistics SaaS company focused on spot-buy freight. We serve Fortune 500 (and 1000) companies across automotive, semiconductors, electronics and oil & gas, to name a few.
As Regional VP, you will be responsible for (i) building and driving our sales pipeline, (ii) creating a methodical and data-driven sales process, and (iii) negotiating and closing enterprise-level deals across numerous industry verticals. As you are our first ‘boots on the ground’ presence in the region, you require the entrepreneurial spirit to establish our base there and build a high-performance sales team which you will manage.
- Preferred locations are Phoenix or Detroit, where most of the existing Cargobase clientele sits. We are however open to other locations depending on the candidate.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the Cargobase value proposition for enterprise customers and logistics providers
- Identify and communicate with key decision-makers and obtain a deep understanding of their pain points
- Conduct industry-specific research to identify new market segments and prospects
- Grow and drive the sales pipeline: aggressively grow the customer base from lead generation and prospecting through to contract closure
- Manage RFP and RFQ processes; lead client and prospect meetings including product demos and proposal presentations
- Develop a successful and scalable outbound sales strategy across multiple industry verticals; leverage technology to drive conversions and track performance
- Manage and develop a team of sales executives
- Collaborate with our Product Team and provide feedback from clients to ensure continuous improvement and innovation of the Cargobase platform
- Work closely with our Customer Success Team to ensure successful onboarding and implementation for new clients, achieve 100% customer satisfaction
- Negotiate and close deals!
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years experience in the enterprise SaaS and/or logistics industry
- Have an existing network among enterprise shippers
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Solid understanding of inbound and outbound sales processes, including lead generation and outbound prospecting
- Experience in managing and optimizing sales processes in CRM tools
- A self-motivated and assertive team player with a hands-on attitude
- Ability to articulate and exhibit a high level of professionalism
- Strong customer focus and relationship building skills
- High influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work across borders and in a diverse cultural environment
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial can-do environment
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English